Campaigning for improved carer identification and support.
I retired early from Ford Motor Company in 2004 to be a full-time carer for my late wife who suffered from MS and 15 other comorbidities and was hospitalized 22 times at Broomfield Hospital. I initially used the experience I had gained as a manager with global responsibility for paint materials in 23 Ford plants in 16 countries to chair all major committees as a school governor for eight years. My personal experience as a carer and survivor of 3 different types of cancer helps me to campaign for fellow carers and cancer sufferers.
Condition interest or area of knowledge
- Patient, Carer & Public Voice
- Campaigner for National Policy for Carer Idenification & Support
- Testicular and Prostate Cancer
- I collect and maintain the glossary of abbreviations, acronyms and jargon used in the NHS
Where I can help
- UK (National)
Organisations I am involved with:
- Trustee and Director of Action for Family Carers Essex Charity
- Member of Beauchamp House Surgery Award Winning Patient Participation Group
- Member of Mid-Essex Clinical Commissioning Group Patient Participation Reference Group
- Member Broomfield Hospital Patients Council
- Member Electronic Medication Optimisation Pathway (EMOP) Steering Committee
- Member NHS England Cancer Alliance Patient and Public Voices Forum