Expert by Experience and Peer Leader for Personalised Care for a range of Local, Regional & National organisations, statutory bodies and programmes.
Kevin Minier lives in Hertfordshire and has provided the patient/service user (keratoconus eye condition) and carer (mental health, dementia) voice to improve health and social care for over 30 years, locally, regionally and nationally.
He has been a Lay Committee Member on three National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) health and care guidelines and two Quality Standards. He has promoted the practice of coproduction as a member of the SCIE Coproduction Network and the SCIE Coproduction, Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion Steering Group.
He has provided reverse mentoring/coaching to senior management within health and social care.
He actively supports carers through Carers in Hertfordshire, peer-led support groups, and local physical and mental health providers and commissioners.
Condition interest or area of knowledge
- Commissioning and performance management.
- Personalised Care - Integrated Health and Care Budgets/Direct Payments
- Carers (Informal/Family)
- Remote Monitoring Technology - Heart Palpitations, Asthma & Respiratory, pre- and post-operative for hip and knee replacements
- Mental Health
- Long Term Conditions - Keratoconus eye Condition
- Palliative and End of Life Care
- Health Inequalities/Equity
- Social Prescribing
- Health Education
Where I can help
- UK (National)
Organisations I am involved with:
- NHS Leadership Academy / FutureNHS Collaboration Platform / Personalised Care
- NHS East of England Palliative and End of Life Care Strategic Clinical Network
- Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE)
- Eastern Academic Health Science Network
- Bennett Institute - OpenSAFELY
- East of England Psychological Professions Network Workforce Council
- NHS Insights Prioritisation Programme (NIPP) / NIHR Applied Research Collaboration East of England
- Q Community / Q Lab UK / Q Lab Network Remote Monitoring
- Health Foundation (Data Analytics)
- Keratoconus Group
- Carers in Hertfordshire
- Hertfordshire & west Essex Integrated Care System (HWE ICS) and the Voluntary, Community, Faith and Social Enterprise (VCFSE) Alliance
- Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) & Dacorum Borough Council Health in Dacorum Committee
- Herts Valleys Clinical Commissioning Group (HVCCG) Patient and Public Involvement Committee
- South and West Hertfordshire Health Care Partnership Co-production Board
- Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT)
- West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (WHTH) Co-production Board
- Dacorum Patients Group (Chair) & Fernville Surgery Patient Participation Group (Carers Lead)